Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Interval Playlists: February!

I apologize that February is almost over.  What a crazy, short month!  But you get an extra day of February this month, so why don't we combine some of this month's playlist with March's?  Sound good?


Great :)

The theme of this playlist is STRONG.  You'll notice three of the song titles are "Stronger" and that's because I have been pushing myself more than usual in interval training and cross training this February.  I've been spinning, doing lots of HIIT (high intensity interval training), and much more strength training than I have been doing in the recent past and have liked hearing the word "stronger" as I workout. 


 So with that being said, enjoy February's playlist!

1. Turn Me On (Feat. Nicki Minaj) - David Guetta - Nicki Minaj

2. Domino - Jessie J
3. Young, Wild & Free (Feat. Bruno Mars) - Snoop Dogg & WizKhalifa
4. Stronger - Kanye West
5. International Love - Pitbull Featuring Chris Brown
6. Stronger - Britney Spears
7. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson


Y'all know that usually I just keep my playlist on shuffle. While the order is ultimately up to you, here are a few suggestions I have for when to listen to the songs:
  • I think that "Young, Wild & Free" should be either a warm up or cool down song - or definitely when you are on the slower side of your interval training. 
  • "Turn Me On" and "Domino" are faster songs and better for a faster pace.
  • "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" is a great song for the end of your workout because I think the message works well when you're trying to push through and stay strong as you finish your run.
Have a happy and fun workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment