Monday, December 5, 2011

Interval Playlists: December

It's December 5th and that means we have a new playlist out for this month!

1. Upgrade U - Beyonce
2. Countdown - Beyonce
3. Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix) - Beyonce
4. Flat on the Floor - Carrie Underwood
5. The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
6. Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
7. Waiting on a Saint - Hank Whitaker ( Click HERE for Hank's Music! )
8. King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
9. Can't Hold Us Down (feat. Lil' Kim) - Christina Aguilera
10. Dirrty - Christina Aguilera
11. Fighter - Christina Aguilera

I couldn't let Beyonce's songs out of circulation in this month's mix, so "Countdown" and "Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix)" are still here, but I've added Beyonce's "Upgrade U."  I'm not sure if they'll stay until January because I want to ensure I don't get tired of these songs!

Lupe Fiasco's "The Show Goes On" was love at first listen with me.  I actually first heard Lupe on The Colbert Report when he was the musical guest star and I was impressed.  I didn't expect to like his music but I think it's a perfect accompaniment to any running playlist.  Especially this song that is all about pushing through hard times.  That is why it is strategically placed in the middle of my playlist because the middle of my run is the hardest time to keep going!  There's waaay more motivation towards the beginning and the end!

The other songs in the middle of the playlist are just happy songs to me.  Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass" always puts me in a good mood, and Hank Whitaker's "Waiting on a Saint"is fabulous.  Hank is a songwriter in Hollywood and writes these songs for other people, not to perform them himself, but used to perform with his other bands.  His music is really catchy and will put a smile on your face. Plus, did I mention he's my big brother?? (A link to his music is up in the list of songs).


Lastly, Carrie Underwood's "Flat on the Floor" is a song that has been with me through many a workout since it came out in 2007.  It's just one of those powerful kick-butt songs, which may be a trend when you see that there are three similarly-messaged songs by Christina Aguilera.  Oh, so I guess the secret is out:  I really like diva voices.  They are strong and when I'm working out, strong is what I want to hear!  That's why I picked these three songs by Christina.  You can't sit still during something like "Can't Hold Us Down"!



Happy running!  For those of you starting exams, stay strong and get some workouts in during the chaos of finals!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment