Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pure Barre

It's 5:35pm on January 3rd and twenty-five minutes ago I finished my first Pure Barre class!
What a sweet addiction this is about to become.  
 This workout is a perfect example of a fun, effective, and difficult workout but not difficult in the sense that you dread doing it.  In fact, it's quite the contrary.

My videos mentioning Pure Barre: click here and also here :)

Pure Barre basically is a mixture of ballet and Pilates that exhausts your muscles and then stretches them out, creating long and lean muscles.  It's toning without the bulk.  The music was upbeat and fun and the classes are small so you don't feel the anonymity of being in a gym.  Now, even though this was my first class, I was SO surprised at how hard it was for me.  When I first walked in, my instructor told me to use 2 lb dumbbell weights.  I politely said I would, but inside I was thinking "oh I'm much stronger than that.  I'll go with 5 lbs."  I'm so glad I didn't.   Lighter was better, but in a week or so, I may attempt the 3 lbs ;).  Also, my legs were shaking during this workout and not even towards the end of the class!  They started shaking maybe 10 minutes into the workout.  It's MUCH more difficult than I had imagined but I haven't exercised to fatigue like that with my own workouts in a long time so it was GREAT to push myself.

Check here to find a Pure Barre near you.  I promise you won't regret it!  I'm going again tomorrow.  And the next day ... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment