Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Interval Playlists: November!

I'm starting a new series in this blog about workout playlists.  This is the first installment.  When I listen to music as I workout, it's usually when I run or dance because I don't seem to need musical motivation while strength training.  However, music is always welcome for sit-ups, pushups, squats, or what have you :).

I keep my iTunes on shuffle on my computer.  This way I get to hear all of my music because I tend to forget I have some songs until they pop up randomly.  I think it's important to vary the music you exercise to, or you could quickly become bored with it.  Sometimes I like a song so much that I'll listen to it 2-3 times in a run, but I know better.  I'll get bored.  The next time I run and hear that song again, I'll probably slow down.  Seriously!  This happens!  If I really like a song, I'll run fast.  If I don't, I'll run slower...maybe even want to walk.  Long distance running is as much mental as it is physical, so you want music you're into so you keep going!!

This is why I'm creating this blog series:  Interval playlists.  They may be monthly or maybe even weekly depending on the music, but I want to share the music that gets me so amped during a run with you!  SO, here is my playlist for November!

Long story short:  Beyonce.  OMG.  I feel like I don't even have to say anything more.  Just close this page, go download all her music, and run out your front door.  She's so cool and aside from me wanting to be close friends with her, her music just makes me want to move.  Mostly it makes me want to dance, but I find that it's really odd to break out in dance in public, so I opt to run instead.  I keep the playlist on shuffle, too, as to eliminate any premature boredom with the playlist.  So the Beyonce songs make me feel empowered, as if I'm her or something, and make me want to run forever.  When I feel like stopping is usually when "Run The World (Girls)" sneaks on, telling me it'd be lame if I walked during that song, so I keep running.  The FOOTLOOSE songs make me want to dance too so it keeps you moving.  "Fake ID" reminds me of the new Footloose movie in the Honky Tonk where they do the dance that I so desperately want to learn (watching that scene is like, "I have red cowboy boots...I was born for this! LET ME DANCE").  Plus, that kind of music just makes me happy because of my Appalachian heritage ;).  You can't help but smile when you hear "Footloose" and "Let's Hear It For The Boy",  and J-Kwon's "Tipsy" is a throwback to like, 2004, which was a great year, so as far as I can see it, good year =  good memories = happiness = run faster.


1. Fake ID (Feat. Gretchen Wilson) - Big & Rich
2. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
3. Get Me Bodied - Beyonce
4. Check On It - Beyonce
5. Party  - Beyonce
6. Love On Top - Beyonce
7. Countdown - Beyonce
8. Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
9. Tipsy (Radio Mix) - J-Kwon
10. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams

Add a few of these songs to your playlist and have a blast running to them!  Comment below and tell me what music you have on your playlists right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment