Friday, July 15, 2011

Make Your Life Better...With a Bracelet?

Described as basically a Livestrong with brains, the "Jawbone Up" bracelet/wristband is supposed to track your activity, sleeping, and eating activities and make suggestions to better control those areas of your life.  It has sensors in it and works in conjunction with your iPhone or Android via an app (that I assume will be known to you when you buy the wristband...likely something to do with "Jawbone").

It is supposed to take a picture of your food and estimate the calories of your meal based on the picture and it also gives you healthy suggestions based on how you are doing in other areas of your life (sleeping, eating, etc).  For example, if you did not sleep much, Jawbone Up might tell you to eat a high-protein meal and lots of water when you wake up.


The wristband supposedly comes out at the end of the year and is said to be "affordable", whatever that means.  I think this looks like a very worthwhile device for someone like me or my friends on the Tone it Up team.  However, I am a bit skeptic about the calorie estimation based on a picture, but with all the technology that's out now, that is something I will just have to wait and see about.  I do love the idea of this wristband, though, and I'm really digging the blue color pictured in the article :).  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what this is all about later this year!  I'm looking forward to it!

See article here: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/15/jawbone-up-wristband-sensor-design-for-your-health/

No comments:

Post a Comment